Sunday, November 25, 2012

November Project - Due Nov. 26th

November Project -“I Can Be a Peacemaker”
Due: Monday, November 26th

In honour of Remembrance Day, November’s Monthly Project requires students to create an “I Can Be a Peacemaker” mini booklet.

On each of the pages, students are expected to think of and record something that they could do to help bring more peace to that particular area of their lives.

This project is a great opportunity for students to reflect upon their day-to-day behaviours and to think about how they can help to make positive changes in their own lives and the world.

Examples:

I can be a peacemaker in my community by using my manners wherever I go.
I can be a peacemaker within myself by learning from my mistakes.
I can be a peacemaker in my home by not playing violent video games.

Students are encouraged to write neatly and to spaces between their words. Students should also practise reading their booklet many times so that they are well prepared to present their ideas to the class the week of November 26th.

As always, this project is meant to be a fun and educational learning opportunity for students to engage in with the help of their families.

Feel free to contact me if you should have any questions.

Sincerely,
Ms. Janice Bednarz