Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!



     A very happy new year to everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed your holidays and the time off from school! I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the many thoughtful and generous gifts I received from the students. I feel very blessed each and everyday to teach such a wonderful group of children in such a caring and supportive parent/family community.
     That being said....I am well rested and ready to get the new year off to a great start! I realize that every one's lives can become a little hectic at times, but please take a moment every now and then to visit the blog in order to stay up-to-date on any issues or events that I'd like to make you aware of. The second half of the school year tends to become very busy and time often flies much faster than anticipated, so please keep in touch and be sure to drop me a note if you ever have any questions or concerns regarding your child or school life in general. Also, please remember to remind your child to read his or her levelled books every night in order to further develop their literacy skills. Daily practise using before, during and after reading strategies goes a long way in building and solidifying student understanding and independence in order to create the solid foundation necessary for successful future learning.

Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy and prosperous new year. May 2013 bring you everything that you wish for!

Sincerely,
Ms. Janice Bednarz