Sunday, March 3, 2013

Please Sign and/or Notify

Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Establishing regular communication between home and school is something that I try very hard to accomplish as much as it is possible within the hectic schedule of a grade 1/2 classroom. I make a point of checking and initialling each and every agenda first thing in the morning, and do the same by colouring in the circles of the reflection logs every afternoon. I also spend a significant amount of time creating individualized spelling lists for every student (to help build their reading and spelling power), and I do my best to write individualized comments in each and every reflection log in order to make you aware of any skills that could be practised at home.

Given the importance of building positive relationships and maintaining regular communication between home and school, I would sincerely appreciate if you could insist on seeing and initialing and/or signing your child's agenda every evening and their reflection log every weekend. It should not take up more than a moment of your time and it would help to ensure that you are aware of any issues or concerns that may arise in your child's school life and/or learning. (In addition, your child does receive a sticker on his/her stamp sheet every time their agenda and/or reflection log has been signed.)

Also, seeing as their spelling homework is voluntary, and the creation of individualized spelling lists does take a considerable amount of time to prepare, I would also appreciate if you could notify me (via your child's agenda) if you would prefer that your child NOT receive any weekly spelling words so that I do not continue create these lists unnecessarily.

As always, my intentions are to do what is in the best interests of my students and their learning however, I do understand how hectic life at home can become, so if you ever have any questions or concerns about these or any other school matters, please do not hesitate to write or call me so that together we can find solutions that work for everyone.

Wishing you all a fantastic March Break! (Please encourage your child to read everyday!)

Sincerely,

Ms. J. Bednarz